Gastroenterology Treatments in India
What is Gastroenterology ?
Gastroenterology is primarily concerned with the digestive diseases. It focuses on the treatment of diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract involving stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, esophagus, large intestine and small intestine. A Gastroenterologist properly diagnoses and treats the diseases of the digestive system.
Gastroenterology Diseases and Treatments
Diseases of the Small Intestine
- Obscure bleeding and Diverticulosis.
- Mal Absorption Syndrome.
Diseases of the Pancreas
- Pseudo Pancreatic Cyst.
- Pancreas Cancer.
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Acute Pancreatitis
Diseases of the Esophagus
- Achalasia Cardia
- Variceal Bleeding.
- Foreign body removal
- Malignant and benign strictures
Diseases of the Liver
- Acute Hepatitis.
- Amoebic Abscess
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Liver Cancer
Diseases of the Duodenum and Stomach
- Fungal Infections
Diseases of the Gall Bladder
- Cancer of the Bladder
- Stone diseases
Diseases of the Colon
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Cancer and Diverticulosis
- Bowel and colon cancers
- Biliary tract disease
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Gastric cancers
- Colon polyps
- Esophageal cancers
- Cancer and gall bladder stones
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Malabsorption and nutritional problems
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
Who should consider Gastroenterology Surgery ?
Weight loss and change in bowel habit are the alarming symptoms for gastroenterology. Apart from these, there are some conditions where the patient is required to consult a specialist :–
- Abdominal Pain
- Blood in the stool
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease or Acid Reflux
Gastroenterology Surgery Procedures.
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) ,Flexible Sigmoidoscopy , Colonoscopy ,Capsule Endoscopy ,Liver Biopsy,Endoscopic Untrasonography (EUS) ,Double Balloon ,Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy .
Types of Gastrointestinal Surgery
Different types of gastrointestinal surgery can treat the following conditions that can improve quality of life of for many patients. Some of these conditions include :–
- Mediastinal masses
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease (LPR)
- Paraesophageal hernias, hiatal hernias and ventral hernias
- Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) or severe heartburn
- GIST and other stomach tumors
- Esophageal disease
- Anorectal disease including rectal prolapse, incontinence
- Gallbladder disease
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Enterocutaneous fistula and short bowel syndrome