Orthopedics Treatments in India
What is Orthopedic?
Orthopedic Surgery : The word Orthopedics originates from two Greek words- ortho meaning straight and pais meaning child.Orthopedic surgery is that part of science that deals with an operation performed by a specialist (an orthopedist or orthopedic surgeon), trained in diagnosing and treating problems, which develop in the bones, joints, and ligaments in the human body.
This surgery also deals with procedures for the correction of problems affecting the musculoskeletal system as well as the nervous system. After much of advancement in technology, quite a few surgeries in orthopedic section are being done by making use of a robot. It is known as Robotic surgery.
Types of Orthopaedic Surgery
There are various kinds of joint replacement surgeries:
- Total hip replacement.
- Total knee replacement.
- Total shoulder replacement.
- Total elbow replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement.
- Wrist replacement.
- Hand joint (small) replacement surgery.
- Ankle joint replacement.
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery [MIKRS].
Arthroscopic (Keyhole) surgery
Arthroscopic surgery for problems in knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle, deals with the following
- Trauma and Fracture surgery
- High quality Swiss ‘AO’ systems help stabilize fractures
- Image intensifier, confirms perfect fracture fixations
- Ilizarov and External Fixation Device Management of open fractures
- Infected non-union of long bones
- Limb lengthening
- Correction of deformities
- Fusion of joints
Orthopedic Surgery Benefits and Cost in India
The major benefit of Orthopedic surgery cost in India, which is absolutely affordable and is quite pocket-friendly in comparison to western countries such as UK, USA etc. The best part is that you get treatments from internationally-trained medical practitioners who are assisted by dedicated staff/assistants . They put into use state-of-the-art equipments with even robotic surgery being introduced in this field of surgery.